I take my kids to Michaels Arts & Craft almost every week to get art supplies because we love to work on art projects. They also offer $2 weekly art class (Kids Club) every Saturday morning. I’ve written about how you can save at least 40% at Michaels before, but I did even better today saving over 50%!
We needed colored or construction paper, so I got a pack of Recollections Essentials Cardstock Paper (200 sheets). It’s regularly priced at $12.99 but I was able to get it for about $6.05 out of pocket!
- Price of item: $12.99
- 40% off coupon: $12.99 x 0.40 = $5.20
- Subtotal: $12.99 – $5.2 + tax = $8.48
- Michaels gift card @ 20% discount: $8.48 x 0.8 = $6.79
- Total out of pocket: $6.79 → That’s 53% savings!
Savings could have been even greater if I had a 50% off coupon, which I got only after I made this purchase. See below for the coupons if you want to use them.
Here’s how you can save at least 50% at Michaels:
- Sign up for a TopCashback account to receive $10 free cashback.
- Sign up for a Raise.com account if you don’t already have one and receive $5 towards your first gift card.
- Use TopCashback to link to Raise and buy your Michaels gift card for an extra 2% cashback. Pay with a cashback or point earning credit card. Most of the time, Michaels gift cards are selling for about 20% discount, but every few weeks, Raise runs an extra 5% promotion during the weekend.
- Go to Michaels.com, click Weekly Ad and look for “This week’s coupon”. There’s always a 40% or 50% off any one regularly priced item. Occasionally, you’ll see 25% off entire purchase including sales item. This is where you figure out which coupon saves more. You can either print out the coupon or save the coupon/image to your phone (take a screenshot or just bookmark the page).
- Go to the Michaels store and during check out, show the cashier the discount coupon first, then pay the total with a Michaels gift card.
Here are coupons for this week (expire 11/7/2015) that you can use:
Support FPT Gift Box
If you like what you're reading and learning about here at FPT Gift Box, be sure to subscribe to the blog via RSS or email (top right of the blog) and check out the many ways you can support FPT Gift Box!.